Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 39 - Reflexes

I know my reflexes are getting better since I started the freestyle mix of the agility program - I am reacting quicker to the flailing ping pong ball and I rarely miss when I strike - this is in sharp contrast to even a few days ago when I felt drunk trying to hit it in freestyle.

At first my uppercuts couldn't connect, but now I almost always land a hit. Very satisfying to get large combinations of hits, back up and go in for another round of strikes. I kept wondering though how much more difficult a real opponent would be and so when I did some shadow boxing I visualized my opponent and imagined some return hits and kicks coming at my head - Its a lot more fun than I had originally thought.

I love seeing so many improvements - reflexes, flexibility, strength, agility, relaxation - are all so much better and we're not even half way through.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment