Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 77 – Whatever Doesn't kill you..

After my injury with the pull up bar last week I slowed down a bit since my knee was quite swollen and painful when in motion. The doctor x-rayed and found no bone injury but diagnosed the problem as prepatellar bursitis and ordered rest for the next few weeks. Obviously this couldn't have happened at a worse time but I'm still doing as much as I can with Kung Fu.

My first reaction as my knee gets better is to charge in to the training and get back as much of what I lost to falling behind, but we all know what will probably happen as more injuries or re-injury usually strike at this point of recovery.

I think the meditation has been the best part of the program since the injury as it has helped me focus on the injury, what really hurts and how to deal with it properly.

I can still punch however and I know my punching speed in relation to when I started all those weeks ago, is quite quick.

So here I am, I a state I'd rather not be but making the most of it.

Almost there!

Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

  1. That's a really awesome attitude, Michael. I hope your knee is back in tip top shape soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough break, do your best and get the stretches in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, get well soon. I'm curious about your experience with meditation and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better! Keep up the positivity!

    ReplyDelete